Sunday, April 6, 2008

vmware player seems really wonderful

It seems to be a hot wire for a rookie like me,I wanna try new things,but I find I started a little late.I tried linux in less than a month,firstly i tried the iso,but found i cann't manage to install it by alternate disk installation by myself.The first linux version i downloaded was a ubuntu 8.05alpha.Then i learned that only vmx file of a os version can be displayed by vmware player.But the player is really convinent to use.it almost skip the installation of operating aystems...Now i 've learned how to use synaptic installed by default to install softwares and i 've downloaded an opera from the Web.I 've downloaded 3 vmlinux on my computer,namely ubuntu.gentoo and open suse.I know that ubuntu and suse 're more popular though gentoo is more customizable.I found ubuntu easier to be used,to install software and a lot others.I installed a scim on my ubuntu,but it cann't work on my firefox and opera,which confused me a lot,i found i can only use it in terminal,and then copy and paste the wanted words to the search box of web browser!What's worse,the ubuntu of my computer collapsed toaday with a dialog box flickering;'the panel 'd encountered a problem..'it made the panels and the desk files concealing and cann't be called out which made me totally at a loss and 'd to reinstall the system.i mean to reabstracted the private ubuntu file archieve.I think i can find a way to solve the problem at last if i keep learning,tring by myself,learning from others and keep thinking.Yeah,linux is more rugged road than windows on computer for me,but once i 've choosed learning linux,i 'll stick to it!

No comments: